Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WICKED

About a month ago, I (finally) saw the play, Wicked. It was delightful. The play is a spin-off of the Wizard of Oz, in which you learn about the Wicked Witch and why she is "Wicked." What I really loved about this story is the connection to the Wizard of Oz. That is such an important movie in American history. I remember as a child how exciting it was to watch the Wizard of Oz on TV. This was before VCR's, so we couldn't just buy the tape and watch it whenever we wanted. We couldn't even record it. It was so special because the movie was only shown once a year. It was a day in the year when we got to stay up late. Seeing some continuation of this childhood memory was nostalgic. I'm glad I got the chance to see this play, I'd even see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment