10. Having my Wizard of Oz books signed by Eric Shanower. Although kinda of an awkward guy to talk too, I love these books. He did a little sketch in each one too!
9. I picked up a copy of Super Ugly's book, Monsters Are Just Like Us. This is a really cute all ages book showing that scary monsters are really just like people.
8. We attended Dave Dwonch and Super Ugly's signing party. This was a fun get together at a Oakland based comic book store, Dr. Comics and Mr. Games. A good time with the Geek Savants, as usual. Unfortunatley, Ethan lost his cell phone on the way to the party, so we had to cut out early to try and track it down.
7. I met Robert Kirkman. Although not super friendly or talkative, nice enough to let me take a picture with him. You may know Mr. Kirkman as the creator of The Walking Dead tv show.
6. I discovered a cool new comic series, 19XX. I have not read it yet, but I am excited to find a non-super hero book.
5. I discovered a new web comic, Boston Metaphysical Society. Don't know if it is any good, as it doesn't come out until April. But it looks like some good artwork.
4. I was excited to see that Dave Dwonch published the first season of Space-Time Condominium. Originally published as a web comic, now I have a hard copy of my very own. And a sketch!
3. Artist Jen Oaks had a print of Amazing Larry. I don't have a picture of it and it is not on her website yet, but Ethan, Michele, and Josh will know who I am talking about!
2. I had my picture taken with Marc Silvestri. He is a comic cook super star and happens to be my husband's favorite X-Men artist. Super nice and friendly guy. I like Marc because he is a fashion icon in the comic book world. When he walks into a room, people notice. At least I do. :)
And the #1 most notable memory at the convention:
The Dipstick Swagger booth. These guys are really funny. Great entertainment at their booth. They were taking commissions and each commission included two bonus sketches. Here are my sketches below. Good stuff!
Here are some other pictures from the weekend!