Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Days Until Christmas

Only 10 days left before Christmas. I pretty much have my holiday shopping done. This weekend I wrapped almost all of the gifts and made a batch of cookies. I made Spritz cookies. Usually I have problems with Spritz cookies- I can't get the cookie press to work and the dough comes out all deformed and I usually always burn a batch. This year was flawless. I learned a secret or two. First, I make sure the cookie sheet is cold. Placing them outside for a few minutes is good enough. Then I under cook the cookies, just a little, and keep them on the hot cookie sheet for a few minutes after pulling them out of the oven. Perfect.

What is left for Christmas? I have watched almost all of my Christmas movies, except two: Emmit Otter and Pee Wee's Christmas. I need to get a few stocking stuffers for Ethan. Any ideas? I will also probably bake more cookies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment