Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008

As 2008 has come to a close, the year has brought both joy and sadness. We started 2008 with Chicago family and friends. Ethan and I were able to take a few vacations including, Mendocino Coast (with pets), Spring Training, San Diego, and Bodega Bay for our 3rd Anniversary. I was awarded a Superior Accomplishment award at work. We supported the Paws for Love event for local animal shelters. We saw many plays, we even had season passes to the Community College's summer theater program. And probably most important to me, my residual pain from my back surgery just went away one day...and has yet to return.

But there were down times too, as I guess that is always what life has to offer. I suffered with sinus problems for months, which ended with a successful surgery. I lost two friends during the year: one suddenly to cancer and another suddenly to an allergic reaction to a bee sting. The loss of these two individuals is still difficult to accept. It is a lesson that death can really strike anyone, at anytime. Steve and Elmer, I miss you.

What will 2009 bring? Four weddings, more babies (Sarah, Craig, Cody, Jesse), Las Vegas in January, Paws for Love in February, 10% pay cuts for both Ethan and myself, Spring Training, Baseball, tattoos, Chicago in June, The Wolverine movie, and ???.

No comments:

Post a Comment