Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back, but Moving Forward

As the current year comes to an end, it's hard not to reflect on the significant events I encountered during 2011.  Items worth noting include:

Becoming a Registered Environmental Assessor
I had very little problems with my sinuses and have not had a sinus infection for a whole year.
New treatments have increased my lung function and have minimized my CF symptoms.
Disneyland
Spring Training
Another successful Great Strides
Vicky and David's Wedding
Quest for 30 Parks-Park #10-US Cellular Field
Hawaii
Completed our Foster-Adopt application and have our foster parents license.
My husband has his own car.

There were difficult times in 2011 as well.  Both of my dogs each had surgery twice.  My dog Dotty had her toe amputated due to a cancerous tumor.  But there is no sign of internal cancer, so her condition seems much more manageable.  My grandma fell and broke her hip.  I struggled with managing back pain.  I learned a friend took his own life.  I said good-bye to two special CF friends, Joe and Hannah. 

What is in store for 2012?  We are in the process of planning our Spring Training trip, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's San Francisco's Finest event, Paws for Love, A's games, I am being considered to work in a different program at work, hoping to visit Disney World for my 35th birthday, and hoping we are matched with a child to adopt. 

I also have a few goals for the new year.  I'd like to read more.  I have a lot of "to-read" books on my list and I would like to take more time to get to my reading list.  I need to be better about taking my vitamins.  I would like to sell home made crafts on etsy.  I want to focus on being positive.  I want to set aside time during the day for practicing relaxation.

Happy New Year

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! Specific and attainable! Keeps us posted and we'll keep you accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Colleen! I hope it is a great year!

    ReplyDelete