Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Long Weekend (A Week Behind)

Last week I had Wednesday off for Veteran's Day, along with a furlough Friday, so I decided to make it a long weekend and take Thursday off too. My BFF Sarah and I have a long standing tradition of kicking off the holiday season by meeting up for an all day shopping spree in San Francisco on Veteran's Day. We mostly shopped in Union Square, my favorite. I got some Christmas shopping done and bought a few nice things for myself. I don't have any really good ideas yet for what to buy for people.


Later that evening I met up with my husband's cousin, Heather. She is on maternity leave a little earlier than expected, so we decided to take advantage of both having time off and getting together. We went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then spent the night in SF at Hotel Bijou. This is a boutique hotel, with themed rooms! Each room is themed after a movie made in San Francisco. Our room was "Interview with a Vampire."

The next day we went to the DeYoung Museum to check out the King Tut Exhibit. The exhibit was awesome. The exhibit was mostly select items found in King Tut's tomb, discovered in the 1920's. The tomb dates back over 3,000 years. I was a little disappointed the exhibit did not include any mummies. With further research I learned that King Tut's mummy and tomb still rests in Egypt. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see this historic exhibit. Check it out if you are in San Francisco or if this exhibit ever comes to your local area!

No comments:

Post a Comment