Monday, March 15, 2010

Home Improvement Project

Ethan and I decided to make a few up grades to our home this year. The project includes a custom kitchen island, new flooring in the kitchen and living room, a new couch, and a new entertainment center which includes a new TV, blu-ray player, surround sound, and a home theater PC. Oh yes, and some additional lighting in the living room. Even though we have owned our home for over 6 years, we have not attempted a project this big. I don't think I have any idea what the cost will be, so it is hard to set a budget.

The first steps have been taken. We have picked out the flooring and we are getting estimates on that. Also, we had some wall paper in the living room that I wanted to take down before the new flooring was installed. I took 5 days off of work to do this project. Our whole house was wall papered when we bought it, and we have gone room by room tearing it down. The living room is the last room...well that and the hall way. The glue was not sticky in the living room and all the paper came down quick and easy...maybe in about 2 hours. Figuring I took all this time off of work to do this, I decided to start out in the hall way too. Big mistake. It took three days to complete a very small section of the hall way. That stuff was really stuck. Not sure when I will have time to finish that, but at least we are in a place to start buying all our new, fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment