Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rubio's FUNd-raiser

Last Thursday (April 22), Ethan and I hosted a fund-raiser at Rubio's Mexican Grill at our local mall. The event was a "dine and donate" function in which Rubio's donated 20% of all transactions that evening to my walk. Well, 20% of transaction where people turned in the designated flyer. It was a great success. Our group spent around $500.00, so Rubio's will be donating about $100.00 to my walk.

I really didn't know what to expect...would we have a good turn out? How much money would people spend? But we had lots of friends really pull through for this one. The group was mostly made up of my co-workers and Ethan's co-workers. Ethan's Aunt Norma also came with a group of her friends. My friend's mom and her boyfriend also stopped by. I learned that Tim (boyfriend) has a brother who lost his battle with CF when he was 36. It was interesting to learn the connection this family has to CF, but I think it also was a good reminder why we raise funds for this disease.

The best part was just hanging out with people we care about. We had a lot of fun and I hope to make this an annual event!


No comments:

Post a Comment