Friday, April 2, 2010

Science Fair

About a week ago I was a judge in a local science fair. This was my fourth year being a judge. This fair is huge, as the community tries hard every year to promote science in schools and the community. There are hundreds of projects and about 80 judges. This year I judged 3rd grade life science. There were a total of 9 projects. The first place prize was awarded to a project trying to answer the question "Can people tell the difference is cookies are made with sweetener vs regular sugar?" One project was the classic growing mold. The display included the moldy food, which the other judge and I started to have reactions to: me coughing and she was getting a rash on her neck. Sick!

1 comment:

  1. Stay away from the mold! For the love of all that is good and grand...STAY AWAY FROM THE MOLD! :-)

    ReplyDelete