Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars

I watched the Oscars last night. It's one of three events each year that I miss being able to watch because we don't have cable (the other two are baseball playoff and summer Olympics). We went over to Norma's this year. I thought this year was interesting, lots of changes. First, I thought Hugh Jackman did a great job. I found it interesting they did not pick a comedian to host, as they traditionally have in the past. I also really like how they had five previous winners present the actor/actress awards. I think the only down-side to the event was I did not see many of the movies that were nominated, so I did not feel connected to the nominees. Best part of the evening...Sean Penn's speech, hands down. "For those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect and anticipate their great shame and the shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they continue that way of support. We've got to have equal rights for everyone." I think that even beat Tom Hank's acceptance speech for Best Actor in Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment