Saturday, July 25, 2009

CF Clinic Yesterday

Yesterday I traveled down to San Francisco for my quarterly visit to the clinic. Clinic is pretty uneventful for me, so there is really not much to report. Because my CF doctor is out of network, the insurance company will pay for the visit, but no testing: no blood work, x-rays, PFTs, or cultures. Their logic is all of those tests can be performed in network, so I have to get all testing done locally. It makes a little more work for me, because I have to schedule all my tests separately, as opposed to showing up to clinic and just having it all done in one place, on one day. This works ok, except with PFTs. I'd really like to have this done at every clinic visit, because it is a very important measurement of my health. We discussed this at clinic yesterday. We decided to do PFTs three times a year, bringing the results to clinic. Other results of clinic, oxygen sat is at 99% (sweet), I need a bone-density test, and blood work is not due until December.

After my appointments, I always spend a little time in San Francisco. I know my way around the city now, so I usually take the bus to my desired destination. Some times I hit up the gym, meet a friend for dinner, shopping, what ever I feel like to kill some time before making the drive home. I almost always end up in Union Square, as I did yesterday. Stops included Gold Dust for a few beers, dinner at Lefty O'Doul's, a little shopping at Macy's, and I finished the night off with getting a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, to go. I'm sure I'll be back in SF before my next clinic visit in October, but I just love spending the day in SF.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I had a moment of jealousy! I was supposed to be flying out to San Fran today to attend the CFRI conference this weekend, but my lungs decided not to cooperate and landed me back in the ever-so-luxurious Club Med. Glad that your clinic visit went well!!!

    ReplyDelete