Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mame, What The Hell Are We Celebrating?

Yes, the Santa Rosa Junior Summer Repertory Theatre is in full swing! Every year the SRJC puts on five different play simultaneously over the course of 7 weeks. Most actors are in at least two products, sometimes three. It is one of my favorite parts of summer. This year productions include "Mame", " Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", "The Wedding Singer", "Lend Me a Tenor", and "Barefoot in the Park". I went to Mame last week and I am making plans to attend the Wedding Singer and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I wish I could attend all five productions, but it is hard to make time for 5 plays in such a short time, especially considering they only run one or two productions a day. Mame was wonderful...I love the musicals. The truly amazing part of this experience is the short time frame these productions are put together in. The sets, costumes, the band (for musicals), learning the lines, the steps. They only have five weeks to put it all together. I feel lucky to live so close the a theatre that does this every summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment