Sunday, August 8, 2010

Work, Health...General update

You may recall an earlier post discussing budget problems at work and only being paid minimum wage. For the time being, minimum wage threats have been abated. I received a full pay check for the month of July. More importantly, I will not have to worry about the effects of not having my health insurance premium paid. Not sure what is in store for the budget/salaries at this point. There is talk the minimum wage issue might resurface in September.

I started to have a few days of sinus symptoms last week. The first couple days, I just tried to ignore it, thinking it would pass. But then on Wednesday the symptoms where too strong to ignore. I started a three week course of Cipro on Friday. I instantly starting feeling better. I am thankful for having nearly 5 weeks of relief, post IV treatment. I was hoping for a year, but you know how it goes. :)

And on a completely unrelated topic, I have been experimenting with making my own marinara sauce. This batch is looking really good. We will be taste testing tonight. I am hoping to make my next batch with home grown tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I used to make lots of salsa and pasta sauce with roma tomatoes, but have only had the salad-slicing tomatoes (beef eaters) the last few years. I don't think I'd have the energy for making anything like that anymore, anyhow.

    I'm glad the Cipro is helping you and that you are staying on top of your treatment.

    Good news on your pay!

    Your new blog look is great!

    ReplyDelete