Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Work-Out Wednesdays-Taking a Break

I thought writing about taking breaks was a fitting topic for todays post.  I took a break from blogging, including last week's Work-Out Wednesday and this last week I took a break from exercise.  Some times the body just needs a break. While exercise is so good for us, some times resting is even better. 

The Tuesday before Christmas I got that feeling in the back of my throat...that feeling of knowing I am about to get sick.  Not wanting to be sick for Christmas, I decided to take a break from work and exercise and just relax.  I spent the next two and a half days on the couch.  Well, not exactly true, I worked a little here and there, but for the most part, I pretty much did nothing except watch movies or read or sleep.  I think that was the best thing for me.  I was so glad I was ready for Christmas by then, because there is no way I would of been able to go out shopping or even wrap a present. 

As for the symptoms, the cold was some-what mild, until it moved to my chest.  I had sinus pressure and pain. Of course it went into my chest several days later.  I had a tight, heavy-ness in my breathing.  My O2 was around 95%, which is low for me.  I had a dry cough.  As usually, all that dry coughing finally got things moving around and I am getting up a lot of mucus.  I sent a culture in this morning and I am sure this will be followed up with antibiotics.  Such is life with having CF. 

I have not exercised for over a week.  I am ok with this.  I think my body really need the break.  But I am ready to get back to the gym.  I am planning on going today after work.  Its hard going back, but I really need to get with my routine. 

2 comments:

  1. Let us know what the culture shows. I hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!! I am always amazed at how most people can get a cold and NOT have it go to their chest, they just have a cold, feel crappy for a couple of days, then they get over it...don't know what that's like!

    ReplyDelete