Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Work-Out Wednesdays-Aerobics

While I am not big on attending some type of aerobics class, I do have a few aerobics videos that I enjoy doing from time to time.  I do not use them regularly, because doing the same thing over and over is totally boring and I know I will won't continue if I get bored.  But they are great to have on hand if I don't make it to the gym or I just need a quick workout.  Most videos I use are around 30 minutes.  And yes, I do own "Sweating to the Oldies" although I have not used in years.  In fact, I believe it was the first item I ever purchased off e-bay.  The other benefit about videos, is they are easy to take along while traveling, as long as you are going somewhere with access to a DVD player.  Nice thing about traveling with a laptop.  The downside of following a video is it takes some time to learn.  It is usually hard to follow the first couple of times and the benefit is lowered because its hard to give it 100%.  With almost any video I try, I can usually follow along by the third time. 

I have three videos right now that I rotate through.





Crunch - Boot Camp Training

Actually, this last one is available on Netflix instant watch.  There are lots of options through Netflix for aerobic videos.  Nice thing about that, you don't have to buy a DVD.  So if you don't like it, you don't have to feel obligate to use it to get your money's worth.  Let me know if you have any further suggestions!




1 comment:

  1. My mom got me Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home 5 Day Slim Down (even though slimming down is NOT my intention) and I've kinda liked it. She does 5 different workouts that are the equvialent of walking a mile (each). It gets a little boring, so after I become familiar with the moves I put my own music on. Not the best ever, but somedays it's a lot better than the treadmill, plus my daughter loves to dance around pretending she is doing the exercises, too.

    Also, it kills me how Denise Austin TALKS through her ENTIRE workout. I tried one of her DANCE dvd's and remember thinking "Lady! How do you dance and talk at the same time? I can't even dance and BREATHE at the same time!"

    ReplyDelete