Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Work-Out Wednesdays-My New Pedometer

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket PedometerFor Christmas my husband's parents bought me a Pedometer.  It was something I had on my Christmas wist list.  I know, it is incredibly dorky, but I thought it would be fun to have.  For a while now, I have been wanting to track the distance I walk when I am at the animal shelter, when I walk around my neighborhood, shopping at the grocery store, stuff like that.  I thought it would be fun to see how much I walk in a day just doing normal stuff and having a way to track the distance I walk while exercising too. 

I have been using the pedometer for a few days now.  I was surprised to find out that on average, I really don't walk very much just doing normal everyday stuff.  Excluding any exercise, I have been averaging around 3,000 steps, which is only about a mile. 

I have not really decided where to go from here with the pedometer. I think I will really focus on using the pedometer to track exercise related distances and use an app on my phone to log my progress.  Once I get a sense for my baseline, I can make goals to improve my pace and workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment