Friday, March 23, 2012

Thanks to Pinterest

At first I thought Pinterest was the biggest time waster.  I thought I was just suppose to go out surfing the internet looking for random things to pin.  But after a few visits, I began to see the usefulness of this website.  It is not just about posting random pins, not at all.  It is a place to share ideas, but more importantly, a place to STORE ideas.  Ever been surfing the internet and find a great recipe, but not have a printer to print it?  Then you are either trying to email it to yourself or book mark it in an endless and unorganized location on the browser, never to find it again.  Now I can just pin it to Pinterest, keep it in an organized location and go back to it later.  I love it.  I am already keeping craft ideas, books to read, decorating tips, recipes, and fun ideas to make life easier.

I thought about starting another blog dedicated to displaying Pinterest inspired posts.  But I like the idea of keeping one blog and sharing all of my ideas in once place.  I am planning on posting all the great things I make/cook/bake/decorate here on my blog. I find Pinterest so inspiring, I am looking forward to working on all kinds of crafts, not just those from Pinterest.  It is also inspiring me to try new foods and recipes, which is fun too.  Here are my first two projects:





 These are sprinkle cookies made from a box of cake mix.  They where super easy, fast and inexpensive to make.  They are a very soft cookie, I don't think it will be possible to make them crunchy.






This is a "Weekly Goals" picture frame.  I covered an old picture in fabric (the frame was actually in the Goodwill pile) and made the background out of scrapbook scraps.  This is placed behind the picture frame glass.  Then, I can write my goals on a sticky-note so they can easily be removed/added as I achieve each goal.  I love this idea because I like to keep lists and I like the idea of being able to easily add and remove goals.                          



If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, just click my Pinterest button in the upper right hand corner of my blog!

Happy Pinning!






No comments:

Post a Comment