Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Work Out Wednesday-Work Out Challenge

For the past couple of months, I have had a fairly stagnant exercise routine: two days in the pool and two days on the elliptical with one of those days incorporating weights.  I wouldn't say that I am bored with my routine, but I am just at that point where I need to mix it up a bit...I need a challenge.  Starting April 1, I am going to set a goal of exercising six days a week for six weeks.  I want to use this opportunity to incorporate more yoga and stretching in to my routine.  I also want to really push myself to be active daily, but also realistic.  Which is why I am choosing to only do this for six weeks.  At least for now.  If I just set a goal to work out six days a week as my new routine, I know I would fail.  I would get burnt out and frustrated.  This way, having an end in sight will help me keep my focus and hopefully motivation to be successful. Additionally, I am planning on exercising the two extra days at home, to avoid getting tried of the gym.

I am going to be using Work Out Wednesdays to set my goal for the upcoming week and report on my progress for the previous week.  Here is a look at the goals for Week One:

April 1: 30 minutes of Yoga- video
April 2: 45 minutes of cardio-elliptical
April 3: 40 minutes of water aerobics
April 4: 30 minutes of Yoga-audio
April 5: 30 minutes of cardio-elliptical; 30 minutes of circuit training
April 6: DAY OFF
April 7: 60 minutes of water aerobics


No comments:

Post a Comment