Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Birthday Candles

Last Saturday I celebrate my birthday at Bing Crosby's Piano Bar with my husband Ethan and my BFF Sarah and her husband, Kiko. It was a lovely time. We had cocktails, lots of yummy food, and a very special birthday dessert. Traditionally, I celebrate my birthday with Sarah on Christmas evening. This year we will be in Arizona, so we will not be able to get together. I think it will be the first time in 8 or 9 years we won't see each other on Christmas/my Birthday. I'm glad we were able to meet up the week before.

The morning before I received an e-mail from the animal shelter notifying volunteers that a shelter dog Radar was most likely going to be euthanized due to some health complications coupled with being at the shelter for 4 months without finding a home. I felt so sad, I wanted to do something to help him, but what? I can't adopted him and I can't donate enough money for his surgery. I was going to think about what I could do for a couple of days.

When my dessert was brought out to me, there were three candles. The waiter said, "Three candles for three wishes." I wished Radar would find a home, fast. I used it as all three wishes. The next day at the shelter, Radar had an adoption pending. And yesterday we was taken home to be with his new family! Not only did my birthday wish come true, but Radar found a home just in time for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment