Monday, September 20, 2010

Fear of Getting Sick

I always have a fear of getting sick, as it seems I am a magnet for colds and germs. Colds are hard on me, as I always end up with a lung infection as a result of a cold, resulting in antibiotics. Now, I can accept that I'm going to get sick every now and then, maybe even a couple of times a year. But I get especially nervous about getting sick while on vacation. It seems to be a problem with either Ethan or me getting sick around vacation. Being sick on vacation is so disappointing. We work hard all year and save money to take a one week vacation. Having a cold show up during that same week is the worse.

We leave for Seattle on Sunday. Several people at work have reported being sick in the last couple of weeks. Like, really sick. Flu symptoms. I am paranoid with picking something up. A part of me wishes I would get sick now and get it over with so I am better by the time we leave. But then I worry about Ethan being sick on vacation. Wow, I hate the cold season. Keeping my fingers crossed I can manage to stay health for the next two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand and hope you both stay well and have a wonderful time on your vacation.

    I was thinking the other day how your prognosis should be really good, if I'm any example. Think of the fact that I am 50 years old and doing pretty well. (FEV1 39) You are so much younger and were dx SO MUCH EARLIER (vs. me at age 43) so you are being preventative way earlier than I was. That should make a big difference so you should have a long and great life, Colleen!!! :)

    ReplyDelete