Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work-Out Wednesday-Vacation Edition

Being that I am on vacation, I thought this would be a good week to write about exercising while on vacation. I learned a long time ago not to have expectations of exercising while on vacation. First, vacation is a time to relax. I don't want to be constantly thinking about how to fit a work-out in with a full schedule of being a tourist. Second, most vacations I find I do a lot of walking. Like several miles a day...way more steps than I would take on a normal day. While it is not the same type of exercise that gets the heart rate up, it is still a form of exercise. I can still feel good about being active.

However, whenever I book a hotel, I do look to see if there is an exercise room. That way, if the day allows and I can fit it in, I'll visit the gym and do something a little more aerobic that walking.

I think that most important part of traveling, at least for me, is to not set up unrealistic goals and telling myself its ok to take this time off, as long as I get back to my routine once I get home.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing a lot of the time when I'm on vacay. I have all these grand plans to still get my runs it but it rarely happens. I myself need to get better at it though, cause a four-day weekend with no exercise for me does more bad than good :)

    ReplyDelete