Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pulmozyme-One Week Later

It has been one week since I started Pulmozyme. I am doing good with keep up with the treatments, including my morning treatment. Luckily, I have been sleeping good, so getting up a little early to make sure I fit in the treatment is no problem. I was not sure what to expect on Pulmozyme, mostly because my lungs are feeling really clear. I have not been coughing much since my IV treatment in June. Last night after my treatment, I had a dry, painful, and persistent cough. It hurt. I'm guessing the Pulmozyme loosened some thing up, but it was not loss enough to cough up. Ethan helped with manual CPT, but he gets tired easy. So we did two rounds. The second one seemed to help the most and shortly after which I feel asleep. Its been a long time since I coughed like that. I'm hoping its just a side effect of a new treatment, opposed to a more serious problem lurking.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are tolerating the Pulmozyme. Sometimes when I'd use it too soon after using my inhaler it would irritate my airways and I'd cough like that. I had to use my inhaler about 40 min. before the Pulmozyme.

    How old were you when you were dx?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as above for Riley. Of course, she doesn't talk to me to tell me what she's feeling just yet. But we do her Albuterol with Vest treatment then wait about an hour and a half then to pulmozyme. She never coughs. I don't know if this is good or bad? :) Keep up the good work lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be surprised that you had a dry cough for a little while. All that old stuff is trying to move out of plugged up airways and that is tough on the ol lungs. Big hugs sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell that boy to suck it up and keep on with the CPT. Maybe he needs to lift wts or something....

    ReplyDelete