Friday, November 12, 2010

Craft Update

One of my main hobbies is crafts. Quilting, sewing, scrapbook, you name it, I love it.  I wish I could spend my whole days crafting.  The truth is, I hardly have any time to craft. With working full time, exercising, and treatments, I don't really have the time or energy to craft during the week. And most weekends we either have plans or I just don't feel like doing anything.  Plus, it is hard not having a craft room.  My stuff is spread all over the house; to the point where I have a hard time remembering what I put where.  It is also hard because I usualy craft on the dining room table.  Its not a place where I can just leave everything until the next day or until I feel like working on it again.  It needs to get cleaned up each day.  So, if I am not going to spend the whole day working on a project, I am not going to pull all my stuff out.

But, I have been working on a few projects, which I am excited about.  First, I made a purse to donate to a special charity, the Paws for Love Foundation.  This is a annual event where items are auctioned off and proceeds go to animal rescue groups.  I am very excited because the purse turned out great and I am happy to help out these animals, even in a small way.







I also came across a 1 Million Pillow Case Challenge that I would like to take part it.  Basically, a non-profit is campaigning for crafters to unite and make pillow cases for cancer patients, foster children, nursing home, battered women, etc. I  can probably make a few pillow cases with some fabric I have already, so the cost will be minimal.  I am thinking about copying this idea and sending pillow cases to CF patients, especially those undergoing transplant.  More to come one that.

I am also excited to participate in a craft exchange, where you are paired with another crafter and exchange a home made craft.  I was assigned my partner today.  She is actually the same age as me, so that is funny.  I'm not going to say what I am making yet, but I will post after it is mailed.

Lastly, I started a cross stitch project.  Its Zombies.  I found it at Barnes and Nobel.  There are 12 total projects in the kit.  I am hoping to make them all and put them together in a wall hanging to add to my Halloween decorations.  I am 85% done with my first pattern, so I am hoping to post once it is completed.  I  have never crossed stitched before, so I am just teaching myself as I go.  Its a nice project to have while just sitting around watching TV.

2 comments:

  1. Cute purse! You are crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. The buttons are a nice touch. Let me know if you ever see a material with rabbits!

    ReplyDelete