Sunday, November 21, 2010

Double Winner

I received my prize from the CF adherence survey.  I won a very cute 5x7 photograph of a baby raccoon. I thought about posting it, but out of respect to the artist, I don't want to publish it to the public where someone can copy it.  But trust me its cute.  I took it to work, so he can keep me company during the day.

I also won another raffle at the local animal shelter.  Today was an open house at the Healdsburg Animal Shelter.  They are trying to raise fund for a new facility.  I have never been there, so we decided to drive up and  see what was going on.  It is a small shelter.  They can only hold about 10 dogs as a time.  There was a dog there that has been there for 4 years waiting for a family.  He is older and has some special needs.  I felt sad thinking about an animal waiting that long.

As part of the event, several gift bags being raffled off.  I won a grooming kit for dogs, complete with shampoo, a brush, tooth brush, tooth paste, mouth wash, bones and a toy.  It was a fun gift bag to win.

2 comments:

  1. You must be on a lucky streak! I may have to give you some lottery numbers to play for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been hearing bad news all evening, so it's nice to hear something happy.

    ReplyDelete