Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Work-Out Wednesdays-Special Edition

Last week, Ethan attended a training in Scottsdale, AZ for a work related topic. Because my parents live in the area, I decided to go too for a visit. We stayed with my parents for two nights and then we stayed at the hotel where the training took place for the next two nights. The training was at the Westin Kierland, a beautiful hotel and resort. Although Ethan and very busy with the conference, I took a few days to myself to just relax.  I did some shopping with my mom, sat by the pool and read, and had a nice message at the hotel spa.  The pool at this hotel is great.  They have a lazy river, which you can sit in an intertube and let the current float you down the river and they have a fun water slide.  So, what does any of this have to do with Work-Out Wednesday? Well,  I had a special work out while I stayed at this hotel. 

The hotel had a very nice fitness room, stocked full of equipment.  It was probably one of the biggest hotel gyms I have ever seen.  Anyway, as I was walking to the gym one morning for an elliptical work out, I spotted some equipment set up outside:


The weather was perfect, so I decided to jump on this elliptical for my work out.  I loved it.  I was so refreshing to be outside in fresh air while working on the elliptical.  I hardly ever work out outside, one of the down falls of the gym.  It was just a nice change of pace and it felt like a special treat.  It was also very peaceful and quite in this location.  Here was my view for the 45 minute work out:







2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was really nice! There is a great view of Chattanooga from the Rehab where I go. One long wall is all glass and the view is really peaceful and beautiful. It does make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great couple of days!

    ReplyDelete